[LMB] Lois as a 'Heinleinian' writer

John Lennard john.c.lennard at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 18:53:11 BST 2019

Gordon: A panellist referred to a recently released
biography of Robert Heinlein written by Farah Mendelsohn.

John: NB: Farah Mendelsohn is married to  Edward James, who wrote a
monograph on Lois published a year or two back, so there's likely to be
some crossover.

On the one occasion I've met them at any length, at the one-day Lois Con in
Cambridge in 2014, I can't say I found either especially persuasive in
their analyses.

Associate Member & Director of Studies in English, Hughes Hall, Cambridge
www.humanities-ebooks.co.uk

*Mock-Death in Shakespeare's Plays*
The first full study of Shakespeare's favourite dramatic device

*The Exasperating Case of David Weber, or The Slow Death of The Honorverse*
22 years ago Weber created it and in the last ten he has broken it ...

*Tolkien's Triumph: The Strange History of *The Lord of the Rings
Just how did a 1000-page book with 6 appendices come to sell 8,500 copies
per day?

*Talking Sense About *Fifty Shades of Grey*, or Fanfiction, Feminism, and
BDSM*
The story the media *isn't* telling ...

Available from Kindle Stores, and in PDF from the author.