[LMB] Trailer for a movie based on _Barrayar_ I found at Youtube

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 23:51:55 BST 2019

On 8/18/2019 10:05 AM, Gwynne Powell wrote:
> From: Eric Oppen<ravenclaweric at gmail.com>
>
> This could be for a movie combining _Shards_ and _Barrayar._
> What do you all think?
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESVRsL-napw
>
> Gwynne: That really leaves you wanting more.

OK

00:10 is the captains quarters in station, EVE Online, the in hangar
ships is also EVE Online. 00:15 I *think*  is part of the HALO ODST
trailer, 00:16 is EVE Online ship to ship  combat, 00:28 is an O.R.E.
Exhumer [mining vessel] with a Rifter flying escort ]?] - actually I
could probably ID all the EVE footage vessels, but it would be boring
and silly. Though I can really recommend playing Eve as fun if you like
SF [for certain values of fun, it is referred to as Spaceships and
Spreadsheets for a reason. It is also extremely antisocial PvP and
unstructured, they slap you into a bod pod, give you a baby ship and
kick you out the door with a few training missions to get you sort of
accustomed to equipping and using fighting and mining set ups.]

Actually, though I really haven't played in almost a year and a half
[chemo brain =( ] I am willing to log in and help if you are interested,
though I would actually recommend using the test server even though it
isn't really populated, and sometimes gets really funky. You can
actually buy everything dirt cheap because they want people to test
equipment and such for various reasons, it is also a good place to learn
to use ships, Vile Rat taught me to 'duel' in an Armageddon class
battleship.

I have to admit, I like to get into my blockade runner and bomb around
sightseeing =) I would love it if I had a VR setup, the user interface
is supposed to sort of emulate the virtual reality sound and vision you
would get if you were really installed in a bodpod.

---