[LMB] was: Language Now Vat Meat Ethics

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Mon Aug 19 03:13:22 BST 2019

Actually, I was aware of that, and didn’t say asphalt was tarmacadam.  And I know some Americans actually knew what tarmac was.    And I may have imply that *all* Americans use the word asphalt but never tarmacadam, when in reality it probably is only around 95% of Americans.

Still, before the Raid on Entebbe, we didn’t refer to airport aprons and runways as “tarmac”.   After then, that meaning is common, far more common in the U.S. than its original meaning.   It is funny to see it to describe alien spaceport surfaces.