[LMB] was: Language Now Vat Meat Ethics

I iosef at gothic.net.au
Mon Aug 19 18:47:30 BST 2019

On 20/08/2019 2:49 am, Aruvqan wrote:
> On 8/19/2019 4:50 AM, I wrote:
>>

>> In addition, that while lactose intolerance is quite common, both
>> Almond (tree nut), and Soy (Soy) are major allergens with a higher
>> likelihood of fatal outcomes. That had already cause several deaths,
>> and numerous hospitalizations.
>>
>> Your egg based subtleties would have a similar problem as a
>> commercial product.
>>
> Due dilligence, read the freaking ingredients if you have allergies.

Really? You check the label of every carton of milk, stick of butter and
beef steak you buy? How about Chicken pieces? Prawns or fillets of white
fish? How about bags of potatoes? Unprocessed items don't require
ingredient lists in Australia, and labeling in a misleading manner is
illegal by way of trade.  We are talking here of products that have been
found in the Australian High Court to have been marketed in be mistaken
for something else. Milk, containing soy milk or almond milk, would be
illegal to sell as milk in Australia as it has been adulterated. You
could sell it as a mixed dairy and vegetable oil product, but it would
need to be clearly marked and not stocked beside the real milk.
Margarines and olive oil spreads are likewise not sold as "butter", and
nut butters are sold in a different part of the store/supermarket.

I have several life threatening allergies, a number of minor allergies,
and a selection of intolerances. I carry my pen when out, and ask
pointed questions of the kitchen. On the other hand, I don't look for
ingredient lists for products that shouldn't have them. I've never
checked an apple for the presence of egg.

Iestyn