[LMB] O.G. Rappers OT:

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Tue Aug 20 01:24:17 BST 2019

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 15:36:44 +0100, John Lennard
<john.c.lennard at gmail.com> wrote:

>Pat: John Brunner? Flecker I know, and wish "The Golden Road to Samarkand"
>was in priont as a standalone, instead of being imbedded in a play.

Your wish is my commend, my lady.

https://www.poemhunter.com/poem/the-golden-journey-to-samarkand/

>John: Brunner would be the late British SF novelist, I'd think, who also
>published poetry. And there are selected and collected poems of Flecker
>that include "The Golden Road to Samarkand", in paper and Kindle editions

That's the one.  "Sonnet for the Seeds of Time".

I found it online once; can't seem to find it again.
--
It has been observed that there are few situations that cannot be resolved
speedily, and without loss of face, by either suicide, a bag of gold, or by