[LMB] The ideal crime

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Tue Aug 20 01:26:04 BST 2019

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 15:32:21 -0400, Matthew George <matt.msg at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Thank you for the infodump, Marc Wilson, but that's a lot of content in
>response to a very minor joke.
>
>There are many good points to be made about GB's legal system, and I
>generally consider the legal and political systems of a nation are its
>citizens' business alone - unless they begin to affect outsiders.  And the
>criteria for libel have been, and to my knowledge still are, utterly absurd.

Even more absurd, the way that the damages are awarded.  Uniquely in UK
law, the jury get to play.

>Matt "and the wigs just look ridiculous" G.

Especially as the Supreme Court doesn't use them, and the Family Court
has given them up.
--
It has been observed that there are few situations that cannot be resolved
speedily, and without loss of face, by either suicide, a bag of gold, or by