[LMB] was: Language Now Vat Meat Ethics

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Tue Aug 20 01:31:25 BST 2019

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 13:33:33 +0000, "Harvey Fishman" <fishman at panix.com>
wrote:

>No!! Many runways are portland cement concrete because of the loads that
>they must sustain, but aprons and taxiways are almost always tarmac. And
>tarmac MAY be registered in the UK (but I doubt it) but it certainly not
>registered elsewhere.

I used to visit the HQ of Tarmac Topblock just outside Wolverhampton, in
a splendid old mansion called Wergs Hall.

Fabulous place to work; they had centuries-old oaks in a parkland you
could play billiards on, with peacocks wandering about[1].  In the
summer, you could order a picnic lunch from the canteen and have it
served in a basket under the trees.

They may have given up defending the trademark, but it was certainly a
thing once.

[1] Until one of them took exception to its own reflection in a VIP
visitor's shiny, shiny car, and caused ££££ of damage.

There was rather a lot of game paté, for a while....
--
It has been observed that there are few situations that cannot be resolved
speedily, and without loss of face, by either suicide, a bag of gold, or by