[LMB] OT: Pavement

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Tue Aug 20 01:48:18 BST 2019

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 08:43:02PM -0400, WalterStuartBushell wrote:

> > On Aug 19, 2019, at 8:30 PM, Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:
> >

> >> I am old enough to remember the town/county sending trucks around to
> >> oil dirt roads =) Made sort of a funky more solid surface than just
> >> beaten down dirt.
> >
> > me too. From before the days of the EPA.
> >

> Yes, transformer oil, full of Polychlorinated biphenyls.
> Just wonderful stuff. Kept the dust down just fine.
>
> OBSF: Inspector Fisher of the Environmental Perfection Agency.

and I know many people would dispose of used motor oil by dribbling
it into the joints/cracks in a sidewalk or driveway to keep down
the weed growth. Worked great! :)

  Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He
 will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding