[LMB] Fwd: What makes a character irredeemable?

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 03:51:39 BST 2019

Of course, we can also get into the question of what constitutes evil.
Over on TV Tropes (beware, it will SUCK YOUR BRAIN IN!) there's a trope
called "Rooting for the Empire," which addresses this.  If we go by what we
see in the movies, there's a case to be made for the Empire.  The Galactic
Republic was sclerotic and too big for its own good.

Kind of like how the Principate formed in Rome after about a century or so
of civil war after civil war showed that the Roman republican system, while
just fine for a city state and okay for a city state that happened to
control a chunk of Italy, wouldn't work for a Mediterranean-controlling
world power.