[LMB] O.G. Rappers OT:

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 19:37:34 BST 2019

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 8:24 PM Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:

> I found it online once; can't seem to find it again.

I've noticed that the people running university literature courses will
sometimes upload a text to the 'Net for their class, then remove the file
after the class is completed.  And while places like archive.org preserve
webpages, they often do not archive files that a user must request to
download.  So unlike the old saying, things on the Internet do not in fact
last forever.  (Unless they're embarrassing, in which case they are
eternal.)

Matt "Greg Egan's face appears nowhere on the 'Net" G.