[LMB] OT: cave diving

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 20:11:21 BST 2019

While I've never had problems with heights at all, I can sympathize with
people who do.

When I had my apartment building, one day I was up on the roof trying to
clean out the stupid rain gutters, and some of my tenants came up and saw
me up there.  They had fits at the sight, and when I told them everything
was all right, they called my brother.  John got ahold of me a few days
later and said that if he found out I was clambering around on roofs again,
he'd come back to Iowa and kick my ass hard.

Of course, I was standing on the edge of the roof, calmly looking down.  I
was perfectly safe, but my tenants were the sort of people who are
terrified of heights.