[LMB] Pronunciation of Lady Alys' name

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 20:22:17 BST 2019

With my last name, I'm quite used to people who meet me for the first time
after seeing my name written pronouncing it like "open."  That was how it
used to be pronounced, as a matter of fact---my father changed that, but I
don't know why.

I use it as a quick way to screen calls...someone asking for "Mr. Open" or
"Eric Open" is almost certainly someone I don't know.