[LMB] Pronunciation of Lady Alys' name

J Woodruff profjenn12 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 22:12:18 BST 2019

My husband's last name is Tait. Spelled that way, it indicates Orkney or
Shetland ancestry, which he has. In the U.S., though, where most with the
name are Tate, it means that at doctor's offices and the like his name is
actually "Tait T-A-I-T." Generally he has to spell it at least three times.

JLWT

*"der Platz einer Frau ist in ihrer Firma"*
*"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
(Lois McMaster Bujold)*