[LMB] Bad Blood

Richard Molpus rgmolpus at flash.net
Sun Aug 25 18:39:24 BST 2019

 I could see her as an analogue to Emil Borgos - she had a great idea, but the tech was a bit out of reach; she played fast and hard with the investment market - and lost when she promised more than she could deliver.

Dr. Borgos had a great idea, could deliver - but sold 225% of the company to get funding... whoops!
Holmes sold 100% of the company - all legal - but didn't have the tech ready in time to start making money. Oops!
(Developing the Tech each was working on is cash-intensive; Lots of dead ends and useless machines built and discarded as the application is perfected. In a dozen years a micro-sample tester will come to market, and behind it will be the people who had been at Theranos; but that won't be advertised.)