[LMB] OT: cave diving

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Mon Aug 26 00:49:31 BST 2019

On Aug 21, 2019, at 12:11 PM, Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com> wrote:

> Of course, I was standing on the edge of the roof, calmly looking down.  I
> was perfectly safe, but my tenants were the sort of people who are
> terrified of heights.

Summer between soph & jr year in college, I lodged on the upper floor of a house. I’m not sure why, but I could crawl out the window at night and sit in the cool just outside for a while, with a fruity sicky-sweet leaded punch without being uneasy. The asphalt singles weren’t at all slippery, which may have helped.

Our first rental in Santa Cruz county had a nice sturdy deck overhanging the porch and evil driveway*. I don’t think I ever leaned on the railing, and especially not after the Fun Ride of Loma Prieta. I could sit on the decking just fine. Mithril-of-fond-memory liked to lie in the sun, fog bank permitting.

A. Marina Fournier
Valley of Heart’s Delight, CA
saffronrose at me.com
sent from iFionnghuala