[LMB] Pronunciation of Lady Alys' name

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Mon Aug 26 02:34:55 BST 2019

On Aug 21, 2019, at 5:54 PM, WalterStuartBushell <proto at panix.com> wrote:

>> On Aug 21, 2019, at 5:09 AM, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Afrodity will have the same problem.
>
> We all worship Afro-dity?!
> Even tho we know she’s flighty.

We'll be met by Aphrodite,
She looks gorgeous in her nightie
She's kind of wild and flighty
But she's good enough for me.

The Greek women’s names, such as Daphne, Phryne, Zoë, Chloë—does anyone name a daughter Mnemosyne?—and other which neither spring to or from my mind right now, can be problematic outside Greek-speaking lands and communities.

> A unix salesperson, Lenore
> Loved her job, but loved the beach more.
> She devised such a way
> to combine work and play:
> She sells C-shells by the seashore.

as did Mary Anning, in the early 19th c., who helped finance her paleontology projects that way.

I believe the singer from whom I once hear a C++ shanty may have died a decade or so ago. I don’t recall the tune used.

A. Marina Fournier
Valley of Heart’s Delight, CA
saffronrose at me.com
sent from iFionnghuala