[LMB] Birthday Tixie

Jane Hotchkiss focsle1928 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 26 05:59:44 BST 2019

Jane Hotchkiss, Happy 71st Birthday! Your birthday treat is a day of sun and
sailing on Sergyar with Jole and Cordelia. There is room in the glassine
canoe for you, the happy couple, and a large picnic basket, and a blaster in
case you feel like blowing up jellyfish. The weather is pleasantly warm, not
hot, you have your sunscreen on, and there is plenty of food and drink (and
both Jole and Cordelia know where the administrator's office parked a few
discreet Shacks of Convenience near the shore). You spend a peaceful
afternoon having quiet conversations and possibly a nap (they have cushions,
too). In the evening, you have a nice small party with cake and candles.

Dear Tixie, thank you so much for my excellent day. I haven't been able to sail yet this year, & the boats are already put away. In Real Life, I had planned to make an angelfood cake, but realized before I got everything out that I didn't have a way to use the 13 egg yolks left over from using 13 egg whites for the cake. Were I in Michigan, I'd have a lane full of people to feed & make hollandaise for the broccoli at dinner. But I hope to get there next weekend.
I did get to go to Folkstage last night, which was a concert by Katherine Rondeau, singer-songwriter.
And Sharon Micenko, we who have already devoured Sharing Knife will look forward to new fanfic at AO3.

Jane Hotchkiss