[LMB] Fwd: [LidlessEye] Deluxe Lutefisk Pineapple Pizza

Pat Mathews mathews55 at msn.com
Tue Aug 27 01:23:57 BST 2019

And Mordor was such a bleak, barren totalitarian nightmare! Some authors' lands of the bad guys are rich in colorful detail and interesting things (The Protectorate - if you're of the nobility) but Mordor? Stalin's city dump? Middle Earth's major ecological disaster? Ugh. Shudders.

And then OFA dismisses the hobbits, in commentary, as  "Regency yokels." Uh, duh, the Bagginses were country squires, folks. But yes, The Shire was very, very English.