[LMB] TSK

John Lennard john.c.lennard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 12:17:52 BST 2019

Sharon: Anyway, what I wanted to ask was, is Ogachi Chicago after the
apocalypse?

John: Yes and no. I stand to be corrected, but Lois has said in interview
that it is an alternative world, not ours, so it isn't a future North
America but one that has geographically and technologically reached roughly
1800 in our timeline, following its own magical apocalypse way back when.

There is though clearly a relationship to N.Am. geography and topography.
The Grace and Gray are the Ohio and Mississippi, Ogachi clearly roughly
anagrammatises Chicago, and Tripoint is where Pittsburgh is in our world.
Late on a version of the Natchez Trace also matters.

So by all means correlate Lakewalkers with Amerindians ... but don't forget
that TSK is a long-pondered response to Tolkien, LR, and the sub-genre he
spawned, so correlate them with the Dunedain of Arnor also. It's even more
fun that way!

Associate Member & Director of Studies in English, Hughes Hall, Cambridge
www.humanities-ebooks.co.uk

*Mock-Death in Shakespeare's Plays*
The first full study of Shakespeare's favourite dramatic device

*The Exasperating Case of David Weber, or The Slow Death of The Honorverse*
22 years ago Weber created it and in the last ten he has broken it ...

*Tolkien's Triumph: The Strange History of *The Lord of the Rings
Just how did a 1000-page book with 6 appendices come to sell 8,500 copies
per day?

*Talking Sense About *Fifty Shades of Grey*, or Fanfiction, Feminism, and
BDSM*
The story the media *isn't* telling ...

Available from Kindle Stores, and in PDF from the author.