[LMB] different reactions to different series

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Tue Aug 27 21:18:08 BST 2019

It's interesting how different our reactions can be to Lois' different
series -- and the reasons why.

For example, Lois has said that some people bounced off the romance in
TSK, whereas I quite enjoyed that aspect of the books.

OTOH, the reason why I have not reread the Sharing Knife series (tho I
enjoyed it well enough the first time) are

a) the pioneer/Western setting isn't one that particularly appeals to me

b) I don't like the horror genre feel added by the malices. I avoid horror
stories, and the fact that malices are purely evil and cannot be reasoned
with really turns me off.

But YMMV. Are there aspects of this series or other of Lois' series
that work for you or don't?

Alayne

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

If there is a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, you must be the one to write it.
-- Toni Morrison