[LMB] different reactions to different series

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Wed Aug 28 04:35:32 BST 2019

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019, Matthew George wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 4:18 PM <alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca> wrote:
>> b) I don't like the horror genre feel added by the malices. I avoid horror
>> stories, and the fact that malices are purely evil and cannot be reasoned
>> with really turns me off.
>
> Well, they certainly can't be reasoned with.  But neither can cancers.

Oddly enough, cancer is not on my recreational reading list either.

> I'm growing rather tired of pseudo-Medieval fantasy myself.  Tolkien is a
> marvel, but he may be an example of meeting the Buddha on the road.

Quite a reasonable attitude. I'd categorize Lois' 5GU and SR fantasies as
Renaissance, however, and TSK as 18th/19th century frontier.

Alayne

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca

If there is a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, you must be the one to write it.
-- Toni Morrison