[LMB] After Romans -- Barrayaran ToI steampunk

WILLIAM A WENRICH wawenri at msn.com
Thu Aug 29 16:23:06 BST 2019

Another possibility for a steam powered world would be something that inhibits electricity. I know it’s been done. I’d worry that too much inhibition of electricity kills all animals and likely even invertebrates.
I’m not sure but I think you can get Diesel engines of some sort without electricity. You could possibly even get fluidic computers.
I wonder about a lot of stories where they didn’t have electric lights and everything is dim at night. Didn’t the authors ever see a Coleman lantern? With a mantle, a lantern or other combustion based light source can be very bright, so bright you don’t want to stare at it.

William A Wenrich