[LMB] After Romans -- Barrayaran ToI steampunk

markus baur baur at chello.at
Thu Aug 29 16:32:06 BST 2019

Am 29.08.2019 um 17:23 schrieb WILLIAM A WENRICH:
> Another possibility for a steam powered world would be something that
> inhibits electricity. I know it’s been done. I’d worry that too much
> inhibition of electricity kills all animals and likely even
> invertebrates.

we are talking ASB / magi-tech here, of course

selectively inhibit conductivity in metals only, leave ionic conduction
in place - this will kill all electric technology, but leave all the
rest in place

> I’m not sure but I think you can get Diesel engines of some sort
> without electricity.

yep, diesel would keep working, as long as it has purely mechanic fuel
pumps ..

> You could possibly even get fluidic computers.

yes, those would work .. but they are large (=expensive) and slow

servus

markus