[LMB] Birthday Tixie

Pat Mathews mathews55 at msn.com
Sat Aug 31 20:31:00 BST 2019

On behalf of the birthday boy, I thank you. He had to forego his long-promised trip to a games arcade in Orlando for his birthday, his mom having no desire to drive in the face on the storm, but will have his family dinner tonight. Loving Grandma Pat has chosen, besides the one gift that delights the heart of any youngster, to let him borrow any book in my bookcases (trembles a bit at the falling-apart paperbacks, but c'est la vie.)

Hurricane Dorian is being very unpredictable, but I'm no longer worried. All stocked up on supplies, the building I live in has survived every hurricane since it was built (there IS something to be said for all-concrete), and the predictions are all over the lot. So far, sunny and warm, with a bit of a breeze. We're talking a classically-defined adventure: what looks like a lot of trouble at the time.