[LMB] OT: Why, oh why do woman mystery story writers seem to be obsessed with clothes???

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 16:41:14 GMT 2019

On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 5:26 AM Pat Mathews <mathews55 at msn.com> wrote:

> If you're talking about padding, there are two kinds I always skip: the
> ones that describe the choreography of each and every battle, skirmish, or
> duel in exhaustive detail; and the interminably prolonged sex scenes in
> which the heroine gets it on with her husband, the milkman, three
> werewolves packs and five vampires, or whichever it happens to be.

There's only one series I know that fits that description, and it's the
same one that introduced me to cerulean (and lavender) eyes.
Feh. Not naming the series.

On the other hand, what are the odds that a grey-eyed Betan will fall in
love with a grey-eyed Barrayaran?  Their children, of course, have grey
eyes also.

Sylvia