[LMB] OT: Why, oh why do woman mystery story writers seem to be obsessed with clothes???

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 02:12:20 GMT 2019

As I've pointed out, if I dressed like a hardcore biker, no matter how
law-abiding I was I could expect flak from the authorities.  In his time
undercover in the Mongols MC, William Queen found that he was easily able
to understand the Mongols' hostility to cops---even a lot of times when
Queen knew damn well he wasn't doing anything wrong, the cops would pull
him over.  One of them behaved so unprofessionally and wildly that Queen
seriously considered breaking his cover and reporting that cop to his
superiors, just because Queen was dressed "biker" style, riding a Harley,
and had the Mongols MC patch on his back.

My own take is that Wednesday Addams had the right of it: "I'm dressed like
a serial killer.   We look like everybody else."