[LMB] OT: Why, oh why do woman mystery story writers seem to be obsessed with clothes???

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 02:15:20 GMT 2019

On 11/27/2019 7:29 PM, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Nov 2019 16:20:01 -0800, "A. Marina Fournier"
> <saffronrose at me.com> wrote:
>
>> I am clinging to favorite dresses and skirts which after 20+ yrs are beginning to shred
> I was at a friend's 40th the other weekend, and I was pleased to be able
> to tell her that she was six weeks younger than my shirt. :)
Rob used to tell the youngsters who were fresh out of sub school that he
had boot camp issue older than they were, and we frequently tell people
I game with or know otherwise that I have socks older than they are that
I still wear =) Which I do, actually. I think my oldest bit of clothing
I have in regular use is a concert tshirt of Rush from their 1979 tour
... I bought it as a sleep shirt in 2x, but it is now my regular size,
so wear it out occasionally. And Rob still fits in his 1983 boot camp
issue dress Blues *sigh* <his last PRT befire retirement - physical
readiness test - at the age of 38 he had numbers in the male 18-21
range. Not bad for an old fart. He used to do his run in combat gear
with a 20 pound rucksack and water pack, his rational was that
auxiliarymen are considered combat infantry substitutes when there are
no marines handy, and he used to shoot expert for handgun and long arm -
and the Seals wanted him in boot camp because he did competition
swimming in high school and swam at Seal level.>