[LMB] OT: Why, oh why do woman mystery story writers seem to be obsessed with clothes???

Harvey Fishman fishman at panix.com
Fri Dec 6 14:00:39 GMT 2019

To get back to my original premise, let's take Sharon Lee. She has
published five books of her own - three Orchard Beach and two Jennifer
Pierce. She has also published about twenty-two books written with her
husband Steve Miller - the Liaden books and the Fey duology. I am
currently reading the latest Liaden book - Accepting the Lance. I had
just finished the Jennifer Pierce books when I started this thread.
There is such a marked difference between the books that she wrote solo
and the ones that they wrote together. Her books are filled with
clothing references but the books written by the pair are so markedly
devoid of this form of material. I find that to be annoying.

Harvey