[LMB] OT: Why, oh why do woman mystery story writers seem to be obsessed with clothes???

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 00:36:43 GMT 2019

A lot of police work is looking around oneself and asking "What, if
anything, is wrong with this picture?"  If they spot something incongruous,
they will often check it out just to see what it is.  A lot of the time,
it's nothing, or has a perfectly legitimate explanation.   It's the times
when it's something, or the explanation is not legitimate, that make police
work interesting.