[LMB] OT: Windows 10 has been particularly prolific this week.

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Mon Dec 9 16:11:53 GMT 2019

On Sat, 7 Dec 2019 11:38:35 -0700, Zan Lynx <zlynx at acm.org> wrote:

>Windows 10 updates have never removed anything I've needed to use.

I've had an update disable my networking completely. I had to revert it
and disable that "feature" update for 365 days.

>The worst I've seen it do to other people is break the antivirus
>software that they shouldn't have been using anyway.

Harsh. MS have dramatically improved their AV offering, but it's not
foolproof.

>Any AV software that thinks it knows how Windows works better than
>Microsoft does is mistaken, wrong, and *should be* disabled.

Heh. There are a lot of people who know how Windows works better than MS
does.  Sadly, some of them are bad guys.  The ones that aren't often end
up working for MS.  Just look at the Sysinternals stuff as an example.
--
Women's breasts are like electric train sets. They're meant for
kids, but usually it's the fathers who wind up playing with them.