[LMB] OT: Racial disparities in policing

Louie Chubb louie at chubb.wattle.id.au
Tue Dec 10 00:47:22 GMT 2019

I don't know which study you are referring to, but this one reported in the
Guardian online revealed that...

"Even when the screen is only used for the preliminary round, it has a powerful impact; researchers have determined that this step alone makes it 50% more likely that a woman will advance to the finals."

(from: https://www.theguardian.com/women-in-leadership/2013/oct/14/blind-auditions-orchestras-gender-bias)

This sounds like there was more than just a mild prejudice.

Cheers,
Louie

<snip>