[LMB] OT: Windows 10 has been particularly prolific this week.

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Tue Dec 10 02:47:45 GMT 2019

On 12/9/19 5:22 PM, Katrina Knight wrote:
> Who's claiming that AV software companies know more than MS about how
> Windows works? I haven't heard any claims of that sort. They may well
> know more about how malicious software works and how to stop it though.

The kind of AV software that often breaks on updates breaks because it
is trying to monitor Windows internals to see if it has been affected by
malware.

When doing this *any change at all* in that Windows code breaks the AV.
Or worse, the AV breaks Windows and causes a blue screen crash.

--
                Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                        Study Hard -- Be Evil