[LMB] OT: Racial disparities in policing

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 18:16:23 GMT 2019

One thing that frustrates me and infuriates me is the way that many
foreigners apparently feel that *anything* the US news media says is gospel
hot from Sinai.   I have been at many events reported in the news, and the
news reports often did not resemble what I saw and experienced at all.

The US news media *cannot be trusted* on any subject where its personnel
have a huge personal emotional investment.  They will distort stories,
suppress relevant facts, downplay or play up stories according to their
biases, and do their utmost to manipulate their readers into accepting
their worldview.

I could easily go on, but this isn't really relevant to this group.