[LMB] LIST BIZ, was PIZZA for OT: Racial disparities in policing

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 01:53:47 GMT 2019

On Wednesday, December 11, 2019, 10:40:35 AM GMT+9, Zan Lynx:

On 12/10/19 4:38 PM, Matthew George wrote:
> Demonstrate that there is either heated language or a significant risk of
> imminent heated language.  Or stop calling for pizza.
>
> Do it NOW, or I will permanently disregard any future calls for pizza you
> make.  This is your very last warning.

You don't get it, I think.

There are people GRITTING THEIR TEETH, trying not to respond to you
because there is someone WRONG on the internet.

Fighting isn't what the list is for. When there's a pizza call, honor it
no matter what.

Nobody gets very upset arguing over anchovies vs sausage.

--
                Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                        Study Hard -- Be Evil

--
Here, here. I haven't been following the conversation very closely, but I'd like to buy a drink
for Xan Lynx to go with the pizza.

When someone calls for pizza, there are ways to continue the discussion.

Most people who do simply take it off list with the other active members
of the discussion. I think it'd be perfectly fine to say, "I'm going to take (This
Topic) off-list. Those who'd like to be included in the email exchange, please
send me your address by XX/XX/XXXX."

If you are afraid nobody will want to continue the discussion off-list . . . well,
that's an answer, too, isn't it.