[LMB] Best friendship in any of the worlds?

Tony Zbaraschuk tonyz at eskimo.com
Wed Dec 11 15:03:51 GMT 2019

On Tue, December 10, 2019 8:00 pm, M. Haller Yamada wrote:
> Of course, 95 percent of the lovers seem to be very good friends,
> but aside from that, who has the best friendship?
>
> I'm very tempted to say the Miles/Ivan friendship is grand (well,
> it is -- I love the complications and the history), but I've got to
> go with the Cordelia/Alys friendship as my favorite.

I think I would actually go for Caz/Pally - Caz's relief and joy at being
able to finally, finally talk things over with a peer and an honest,
honorable man are so evocative.  Obviously it's less developed than the
Miles/Ivan relationship (one book versus ten or so), but it still rings
true as a deep friendship that's been stress-tested and is productive for
both of them.

Tony Z

--
Et vocavit Deus, "Fiat lux!"