[LMB] Storytelling

WILLIAM A WENRICH wawenri at msn.com
Wed Dec 11 15:35:12 GMT 2019

Today I was reading a movie review on “Love Actually” and the author commented on how the movie told a story and made you care about the characters. I wouldn’t know. I’ve never seen it.
I started thinking about one of Lois’ great strengths, being able to create even minor characters that have lives, backstories, and futures. Can anyone forget Kly the mail? Or forget the mention of his gravestone? Even blackhearted villains are not cardboard cutouts.
Just caring isn’t enough. I once started reading a book by Kratman. I got through two chapters. I cared about the characters alright. I hated them.

William A Wenrich