[LMB] Changing subject line, was Praising the List

Katherine Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Wed Dec 11 19:12:41 GMT 2019

On Dec 11, 2019, at 1:40 PM, Pat Mathews <mathews55 at msn.com> wrote:
> Sylvia wrote:  Allow me to take a moment to thank everyone who changed the Subject line
> before hitting reply.
>
> I have tried to do so. All it did was send the original to Deleted.

Well, you can’t change the subject line of the email you’ve received — you have to hit reply first, then change the subject line before you send your reply.

But exactly how it works may be different depending on one’s email client or browser interface.  I see that in Gmail in a browser, after clicking on reply, you have to go to the little down arrow by the recipient’s name and choose “edit subject” from the dropdown menu.

Katherine