[LMB] OT: Sad news for Grand Masters and other careful writers

pouncer at aol.com pouncer at aol.com
Sat Dec 14 14:55:23 GMT 2019

Chairmans' decision to shut down _Apostrophe Protection Society_
over failure's to improve users's usage:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/02/society-protect-apostrophes-shuts-barbarians-11252244/

Recent other news out of the land of the mother tongue informs
me of a puncuation mark with which I was heretofore totally
unacquainted: The "dog's bollocks".    Perhaps as the
apostrophe fades the bollocks mark can be revived.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog%27s_bollocks_(typography)

And one more -- just for general information:  (and
practice punctuating using only typewriter-standard
keystrokes in a Courier typeface) THE DASH-like
marks in general:

https://grammarist.com/usage/hyphen-en-dash-or-em-dash/

Now if I could master a distinct [new line break] key on the PC keyboard with a function similar to the lever action carriage return on an antique typewriter...