[LMB] Faces

WILLIAM A WENRICH wawenri at msn.com
Sat Dec 14 15:37:07 GMT 2019

I read an article from the New Yorker (not something I usually do) titles “The Age of the Instagram Face”. The article was about how people use apps to change their appearance online and plastic surgery (including things like Botox and filler injections) in RL, sort of semireal. The article said that all of the changes tended toward the same face that was not truly any specific race but more of an amalgam.
I flashed on “Number 12 Looks Just Like You” from the Twilight Zone. With every one looking exactly like one of the permissible models. IIRC, the procedure had a lot of medical benefits aside from looks.
Then on to Bujold as in Cordelia subtracting 20 years when estimating the age of Barrayans. Since Betans do a lot of body modification, some at least genetic, would they, over time, start to look all the same?

William A Wenrich