[LMB] Best friendship in any of the worlds?

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 15 03:57:19 GMT 2019

Ooh, I didn't think of Penric and Desdemona, but it is true, they
are friends -- I think it really started with the gift of the name. I
feel that Penric didn't have much of a chance to make a lot of
friends in his village -- noble vs. commoner, even though his
family wasn't *that* noble? He seems so eager to make a friend --
even with his bride-to-be. (-: And then he gets prickly Desdemona,
who did, after all, choose him.

I would love to see more Ekaterin and Miles interaction. We do get
a lot, especially considering that most series would consider the
marriage to be the end of the story. Delightful to see how she loves
him, but not so much that she's blind to his faults. Miles seems
somewhat blind to her faults, or thinks they are fixable (or
reasonable).

The Caz/Pally was a good friendship at the right time.

Micki