[LMB] Lovely synchronicity

Karen Hunt huntkc at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 13:36:13 GMT 2019

On Sun, Dec 15, 2019 at 7:43 AM M. Haller Yamada <thefabmadamem at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> On Sunday, December 15, 2019, 06:10:25 PM GMT+9, Baur <baur at chello.at>
> wrote:
>
> have you forgotten Sleeping Beauty, where the prince has to hack his way
> through the rose  bushes that have overgrown the castle?
>
> servus
>
> markus
>
> LOL, I was thinking exactly of them. Except, perhaps, more sentient.
> More agency, maybe. Think kitten tree, but smarter and more
> malevolent (-:.

In that case, don't forget the incident just before the kitten tree!
(Cetaganda ch 8)
An array of glossy leaves and tendrils was spiraling up Ivan's leg. Red
blossoms slowly opened and closed, breathing a deep and delicate perfume,
albeit the total effect was unfortunately mouth-like. He stared in
fascination for a full minute before murmuring, "Uh, Ivan . . . ? Don't
move. But look at your left boot."
As Miles watched, another tendril slowly wrapped itself around Ivan's knee
and began hoisting.

Add some aggression to this, and we have some possibilities. Especially
with that mouth-like effect.

Karen Hunt