[LMB] Lovely synchronicity

Ron Conescu ronconescu at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 14:08:43 GMT 2019

Louann Miller wrote:

...Elastic recoil.

I’m hearing Louann’s comment as a reference to the ”wormhole collapsing
technique” in _Komarr_. if I recall right, “elastic recoil” was the feature
of physics which meant the wormhole was going to blow up the space station
instead of collapse. (...or something like that; please correct me.) The
“synchronicity“ in the subject line of this email is (thus) that Miles ran
into a natural phenomenon exhibiting elastic recoil on two different
adventures, decades apart — the roses and the wormhole.

It makes me wonder if there’s even a theme, there. Does Miles keep running
into elastic recoil throughout his life?  If so, why?

Ron