[LMB] OT: a good loss

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 03:59:35 GMT 2019

On 12/16/2019 8:27 PM, A. Marina Fournier wrote:
> I know one of them. She’s had severe health problems, even before her (much earlier, less refined techniques) surgery was reversed. Now—flirts with death on a regular basis.
>
> My sister can only eat about a cupful of food at a meal, or she revisits it again.

I am doing a version of that right now - for the past almost 2 years of
not being able to eat or primarily on liquids my stomach has shrunk [see
WW2 camp refeeding issues, *not* pretty] If I try to eat a 'normal'
sized meal, it triggers gastric dumping, which in turn triggers
spasmostic peristalsis that goes until everything has been squeezed out
and it feels like labor [or false labor] if I eat too much fat or
protein in a meal, ditto.

I did set a new record at the hospital, 17 minutes verified from into
the mouth and out the other end. They didn't know someone could whatever
so fast. Turns out there was a reason that 4 immodium, 1 limodal [hyper
immodium with atropine] and washed down with an ounce of kaopectate 4
times a day wasn't doing anything, the treatment had effectively turned
my entire digestive tract into a seeping wound so nothing was being
absorbed, and my interstitial fluid was seeping into my digestive tract
faster than I could swill water and electrolytes [and chicken soup or
beef soup or pork soup or fish chowder]

I did learn some interesting coping mechanisms, if I have to do this or
some variant of this yet again. Though I do want Miles' vagus nerve
block chip@!