[LMB] The Last Malice

Karen Hunt huntkc at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 12:41:25 GMT 2019

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 10:15 PM Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>
wrote:

> > But is it possible to be certain
> > that there will be a last malice,
> > or will not be?

 I've had fanfic in my head for a while on this one (probably never manage
to write, though)... If the incidence of them tails off, as it seems to be
happening, then eventually one gets to where the whole world hasn't seen
one in about a hundred years - long enough that any knives made when
they're still known to occur have aged away.

If Lakewalker skills also begin to decline and few people can do
knife-maker/groundsetter level of work, then there could be a real problem
towards the end.

Karen Hunt