[LMB] Cardboard Boxes on Barrayar?

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Fri Dec 20 06:32:53 GMT 2019

On Dec 19, 2019, at 3:23 PM, Virginia Bemis <vbemis42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Cardboard boxes, as all cat lovers know, are the choice for napping,
> snoozing, hiding and other recreations popular with discriminating cats.

When Mithril of fond memory was very young, I had finally moved into an apartment, but not yet finished the unpacking. I hadn’t taken care of all the boxes, and there was one in which she found great delight. No expensive cat toys for her!

This same cat never got a chance to tell me where the center of a piece of fabric was, because she didn’t get on the kitchen table. However, •come time to change the bed linens, she would take up a spot in the middle before, sometimes after, the fitted bottom sheet went on, she seemed to think it was a great game. Eventually she’s crawl out.

•She ignored fur, real or fake, but wanted to nurse on knit acrylic throws.

•Catnip meant nothing to her, but cat thyme, Teucrium marum, she’d eat to the roots. Don’t recall if she acted high or goofy.

•She didn’t care for spicy food, but she begged me for curried shrimp one time. I gave her one. She tried to back away from the taste in her mouth, but I took pity on her and gave her a bit of yogurt to cut the heat.

Now Cody, also of fond but more recent memory, begged me for a tempura wasabi roasted nori on which I was snacking. I told him he wasn’t going to like it. I gave it to him, he inhaled it, and asked for more. Maxi, his companion, showed no signs of a taste for atypical canine offerings.

Furred ones, what can you say?

Marina