[LMB] very OT: australia, was: Fanfic Ivan

markus baur baur at chello.at
Fri Dec 20 09:06:17 GMT 2019

a very OT question to our australians here:

i do notice that many of the mediterranean countries that have a problem
with summer wildfires (spain, france, croatia, greece)

although these wildfires are a lot less severe than the australians
these nations have extensive fleets of water bombers (cL-215, CL-415
etc.) [and its quite impressive if you are anchoring in a bay on the
coratian coast and suddely a flock of these birds swoop in to take pu water]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadair_CL-415

but australia does not use them, instead they rely on helicopters, which
have less payload and higher coster per flight hour - why?

servus

markus