[LMB] New, Better Fire, was The cult of adolescence

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 02:29:54 GMT 2019

> Pat Mathews <mathews55 at msn.com> wrote:
> > Which leads me to the long version: Because of the cult of newer =
> > better, more "advanced" = superior. Like (true horror story) the
> > electric menorah the managers of this place put up for Hanukkah - with
> > "flames" of cold white and indicator-light blue. Because -
>

> Electric menorahs have none of the warmth of hte real deal - but where was
'this place'?

Electric menorahs can burn all day in a public place without being a fire
hazard.
Even though menorahs are meant to be lit at sundown, being 'inclusive'
means adjusting the rules a bit. To teh point of irrelevance, sometimes....

And in hospitals, well, an open flame is just Not Happening.

Sylvia