[LMB] Lois-Bujold Digest, Vol 164, Issue 15

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 12 20:37:30 GMT 2019

Joel Polowin (jpolowin at hotmail.com) wrote:
> Baur <baur at chello.at> wrote:
>> more likely a genetic construct deliberately planted there by the Ghem
>>
>> think if what the creator of the kitten tree could do with the
>> descriptions of HPL as inspiration
>
> Now I'm imagining an angsty Cetagandan teenager with their old
> Easy Bake replicator set.

At the risk of ruining the joke by explaining it, I don't know how
well the "Easy Bake" ovens are known except by North Americans of
a certain age.  The "Easy Bake" was a functional toy oven marketed
to young girls (or whoever had the buying power for them) in the
1960s and 1970s.  It was heated by a 100-watt light bulb (yes, kids,
regular light bulbs used to draw 100 watts, or even more!) and could
cook small cakes and small batches of small cookies.

Joel