[LMB] OT: 3-way light bulbs

Katrina Knight kknight at fastmail.fm
Sun Jan 13 19:58:15 GMT 2019

At 02:36 PM 1/13/2019 Joel Polowin wrote:
>Katrina Knight <kknight at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>>  I have yet to find an acceptable non-incandescent bulb to
>> replace them.
>
>3-way fluorescent and LED bulbs are available, but they're
>still quite expensive.  I've seen them in Home Depot in Canada.

The ones I've seen in stores have all been the smaller variety
that resemble standard light bulbs rather than the mogul-base
bulbs that my lamp uses. I've seen a few bulbs of the right type
offered for sale online, but either the prices aren't reasonable
or they aren't going to fit in the lamp's globe, or something
else isn't right about them. I think I'm down to my last
incandescent bulb for that lamp, so it will be time to check out
what's available again soon. If anyone has a recommendation for
a good 3-way mogul-based bulb that doesn't cost $50, I'd love to
hear it.

--
Katrina Knight
kknight at fastmail.fm