[LMB] OT: Easy-Bake Ovens, was: Re: Lois-Bujold Digest, Vol 164, Issue 15

David McMillan skyefire at skyefire.org
Mon Jan 14 16:07:41 GMT 2019

On 1/13/2019 9:37 AM, Raye Johnsen wrote:
> According to Wikipedia, the modern versions include a small heating element, just like a full-size oven.  Apparently this is still a toy, despite being able to be used as a fully-functional cooking appliance.
> Raye
     Well, assuming the heating element itself is sufficiently safe from
catching fire (UL approval or equivalent), calling it a toy isn't
implausible.  The old ones I knew when I was in the target age bracket
were built such that it was physically impossible for even the smallest
hands to reach far enough inside to touch any of the hot metal (which
made getting Baked Items that had risen a *bit* too much *really* fun to
get out).